Re: [NTLK] Recommendations

From: Woody Smith (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Sun Jan 25 2004 - 18:56:57 PST

On Sunday, January 25, 2004, at 08:27 PM, John Osborne wrote:

> Greetings,

snip

> Screen protectors for both MP2100 and MP130

A lot of list members use Nusheild screen protectors
> Ethernet card for MP2100 (I have a wired network with a DHCP router)

I use the 3Com Megahertz xjack Model 3CXE589ET. Check faq and
archives there are many others that will work, it seems that lan/modem
combination card don't work.
> Memory expansion for the 2100

The Newton is designed for linear flash but it is also possible to use
compact ata flash wit Paul Guyot's driver. I would recommend 16 to 32
meg. There is currently a pretty good buy on ebay for series d linear
flash 28meg see
item #3455776433 it will work in either of your Newtons

Woody
USA MN

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html