[NTLK] Nsync for WinXP

From: John M Powell (jp_at_iwillbefree.com)
Date: Sun Jan 25 2004 - 18:59:24 PST

> From: "David M. Ensteness" <denstene_at_mac.com>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Nsync for WinXP
> Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 12:40:53 -0600
> It was my understanding there wasn't much need because the
> Newton Connection Utilities still work under XP ... I know
> they work under Win2K ... but since I don't do much of that,
> I spose there may be benefits of newer stuff.
> David

I've actually had very (very) little success with NCU in the past so I quit
trying to get it working. XPort works pretty well. Lookout does sync to a
degree (Outlook - contacts). The problem is, it doesn't sync any of the
custom info stored in Names. If there is (?) an easy way to import/export
the names soup (comma delimited), it wouldn't take me too long to write a
routine in php/mySQL to separate & store the data. Anyone know a way to do
that? I have NSBasic if something like that has already been written. Hmm...
come to think of it, I think there was...

John M Powell
Iwillbefree.com

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html