Re: [NTLK] Opening of the Tucson Apple Store

From: Norman Palardy (palardyn_at_shaw.ca)
Date: Tue Jan 27 2004 - 08:58:36 PST

On Jan 27, 2004, at 12:29 AM, Jon Glass wrote:

> Hm. I think they were more than simply branded... Just looking at the
> boxes
> shows they are of completely different shapes, and I don't think, for
> instance, you can exchange parts from the transport mechanism. I
> downloaded
> a PDF for an HP printer once, thinking it would help me with my Iig,
> but it
> looked so different for the most part, that I gave up trying...
>
> I think that they rely on the same imaging engine, but beyond that, the
> differences start to mount. Surely somebody on this list knows for
> sure...

Most of the imaging engines were identical, but the similarities
stopped there as Apple added things to the motherboards for them that
other printers did not support at the time (like SCSI drives ,
AppleTalk, etc)

About the only thing you could get that would be interchangeable were
toners, drums, and the other imaging parts

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html