Re: [NTLK] Opening of the Tucson Apple Store

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Mon Jan 26 2004 - 23:29:29 PST

on 1/26/04 10:33 PM, Martin Joseph at martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com wrote:

>> the
>> LaserWriters were designed by Apple and manufactured by HP using a mix
>> of Canon [like the 16/600] and Xerox [like the 8500] engines. All were
>> Apple branded.
> Again, all of the earlier Apple lasers were canons, as were the HPs.

Hm. I think they were more than simply branded... Just looking at the boxes
shows they are of completely different shapes, and I don't think, for
instance, you can exchange parts from the transport mechanism. I downloaded
a PDF for an HP printer once, thinking it would help me with my Iig, but it
looked so different for the most part, that I gave up trying...

I think that they rely on the same imaging engine, but beyond that, the
differences start to mount. Surely somebody on this list knows for sure...

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland