Re: [NTLK] FW: Re: Gem Enterprises selling info from my site ***This is my first post ever, please make this a group reply***

From: Gary E. Meyer (GEM_at_Gementerprises.Com)
Date: Tue Jan 27 2004 - 22:11:40 PST

Dear Paul,

The answer to a lot of your questions is we cannot put links on the Ebay page to
Frank's website, we actually did and Ebay ended the auction. Third party links are
not permitted on Ebay's auctions for any reasons as it can be construed as fee
circumvention and most likely a certain Ebay user that we all know and love had my
auctions turned in as this certain Ebay user cruises our auctions and turns in
anything he can find as he sells Newton equipment. In response to your comments,
"You admit you're selling hyperlinks to his site. It may or may not be legal
(remember that we live in a global world and Frank is a German and European citizen).
It is anyhow despicable and low." this is where Uniform Commercial Code comes in and
there is no breach of law, nor in my opinion, morals or ethics and I will stand by
Franks request to end the hyperlinks in the email to our Newton customer that we send
at his request immediately. Additionally, I did not admit we are selling links per
se, I said we are giving them away albeit the point is moot really. I mainly wanted
to respond to your suggestion of why we are not linking to Frank's website in our
Ebay ads as you brought up a good point that other individuals may pose and I wanted
to address that.

Thanks for sharing your opinion, even though I might disagree with some portions, I
do respect you took the time to address the thread.

Sincerely,

Gary E. Meyer
Gementerprises, Inc
WWW.Gementerprises.Com
(856)486-1297
(856)486-7800
(856)486-1298 Fax
Ebay Platinum ID: ILUVMYGTO
Yahoo ID: WWWGementerprisesCom
PLEASE RETAIN ALL EMAILS AS WE GET A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF EMAILS AND IT IS
DIFFICULT TO TRACK WITHOUT THE RELEVANT CORRESPONDENCE

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html