Re: [NTLK] Wanted to buy: Leather CEO case from MARSoftware

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Tue Jan 27 2004 - 23:32:34 PST

>From: "Calvin Grier" <cgrier_at_ix.netcom.com>
>Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 15:53:50 -0500
>
>Oliver,
>
>What do you use as a case now - instead of the CEO? Is there something about
>the CEO you didn't like?

The CEO makes a nice case once you want to carry the Newton, and only the Newton. It will protect the unit very well and in generally a pleasure just to hold. It oozes quality.
My current "portable setup" for campus always includes paper though (this being old Europe ;)) as well as an umbrella (this is Germany), so I need a messanger bag anyway. I therefore have a mid-sized Eagle Creek which is most convenient and sturdy. Inside the Laptop compartment I put an old, plain & ugly Case Logic ZIP drive case (which has three compartments). The big one holds the Newt, the second biggest the Stowaway & Newtway & serial cable, and the smallest keeps my WizCom Superpen warm and dry (if you're into foreign texts go get one of those! Somewhat Windows-minded regarding the GUI, but a treat nevertheless). Very convenient, very accessible. And still room for an iPod FireWire Cable + AC adaptor.
Long story short: The CEO is great, but does not hold much else unless it's cards, therefore adds bulk & weight if you have to carry more stuff anyway.

Oliver :)

--
"The possibilities are endless. I love that."  - Jonathan Ive
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html