Re: [NTLK] Car Trouble: MPG - how to set liters and km instead of gall

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Tue Jan 27 2004 - 23:41:45 PST

on 1/27/04 8:50 PM, M Stocker at knerml_at_neo.rr.com wrote:

> I do not believe that MPG can be toggled between US and metric units.
>
> There are several different MPG releases, for different NOS's, languages and
> units.

I missed the original post, so I'm replying to this...

Of course, if one were dumb like I was, and bought a US car, then one would
need my little conversion spreadsheet I made in Newton Works... I enter the
liters, miles, cost per liter, and exchange rate, and get both metric and US
imperial results... Pretty nifty, if you ask me. The only problem is, I
don't get a running record that way, so I use GeekGas to keep a running
record of my fuel consumption... :-)

If you use NewtonWorks and can receive emails, can I email you this
spreadsheet? All you would have to change are the values for the entry just
once, and remove the exchange rate info, and then you have the essentials in
one place. Email me off list if you are interested...

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland