Re: [NTLK] Indispensable Software for a 2100

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 19:02:36 PST

Yes the "standard" works packages do not seem to cause problems (works,
draw, graphing calculator). But if you add more it that changes. As I
said, that was my experence, and others have had the same problem. Perhaps
it is due to other factors as well, but I do know that when I froze the
extra works packages Worksbetter stoped giving me error messages.

As for Word Newt, I have never used that so I can't advise you specially.
But having to hold down the reset for that long suggests one really HARD
crash. :/ I would try freezing everything but Word Newt and see if it works
properly then. If so then it is obviously conflicting with something and at
this point try unfreezing packages one by one until you find one that causes
Word Newt to lock up. If you have any other packages that expand the
internal word list, or some how modifies it, then that package is the one I
would freeze first.

-Dan