Re: [NTLK] OT-New PowerMac G5 available?

From: Brian Pearce (bpearce_at_cloud9.net)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 21:39:46 PST

> Had he gutted a new dell and tossed in the guts from a G4-400, I would
> probably react the same way. This is quite possible the stupidest thing
> I have ever seen anyone do.

If that's not just hyperbole, I hope you'll take this in the spirit
it's intended when I suggest that you may need to get out of the house
more often. There's a great, big world of stupidity out there just
waiting for you!

> Put yourself in his parent's shoes. What would you say to him if you
> found out about this? Good job, sport? I think not.

Probably not, no. But by the same token, I also wouldn't expect
complete strangers to write him insulting emails, either. If pointing
out the error of his ways was really, *truly* the intention, there are
far more reasonable ways to go about doing so.

BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html