Re: [NTLK] OT-New PowerMac G5 available?

From: Evan Scott (vertigo_at_email.arizona.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 21:15:26 PST

Brian,
THE GUY IS A UNMITIGATED, FULL-BLOWN, CLASS-A MORON. His preference in
operating systems and platforms is not at issue. What is at issue is
his complete disregard for the really nice gift his parents bought him.
He took what looked like a Dual-2Ghz G5 (stock pice roughly $3000) and
turned it into something that would probably go for about $199.99 at
Wal-Mart. Did you see the specs? The new mainboard does not even have
AGP capabilities. Now exactly how long as AGP been standard on both X86
and PPC systems? My G4 is 5 years old, and even it has AGP.

Had he gutted a new dell and tossed in the guts from a G4-400, I would
probably react the same way. This is quite possible the stupidest thing
I have ever seen anyone do.

Put yourself in his parent's shoes. What would you say to him if you
found out about this? Good job, sport? I think not.

-Evan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html