Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Small Extras 1.0

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 22:51:17 PST

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Eckhart Köppen wrote:

> Yep, for some packages, I'm doing that, but I have to check Books again.

Indeed.

> > The trick I used in alt.rec.... was to draw the text to a bitmap and set
> > the menu item to be that bitmap.
>
> Neat idea, I'll see if I could do the same.

Actually, you can define a single style for the whole popup (I think). I
did this to have different styles within the same popup.

> Unfortunately not as a child of the root view. The documentation
> mentions that this was done for security reasons (maybe to prevent
> input capture by a rogue application).

I didn't recall the security explanation but just after having posted this
I remember this mention that prevented me from doing nice things with
alt.rec... ;)

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that for a small (4x4, isn't it?) zone, we can do
something to prevent it from being white.

Paul

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html