Re: [NTLK] OT-New PowerMac G5 available?

From: Eric Jones (doriath22_at_msn.com)
Date: Fri Jan 30 2004 - 13:52:42 PST

I've got a computer setup in my vehicle, but unfortunately it's not Newton
(yet :) The vehicle is a 1959 Ford Fairlane, so I installed a modern
alternator to handle the additional power draw. System is a Pentium3 wintel
box that I built from spare parts and a PocketPC (iPAQ 2215). The pocketpc
uses destinator GPS and is mounted on the dash. It's wired by ethernet cat5
to the windoze box in the trunk, which is really nothing more than a
fileserver for ripped DVD's (all legal) music, etc. I thought about the
sensors/gas consumption but don't quite know how to do that, especially not
with a car that old with no integrated electronics. My modern car, a '98
Park Avenue, has all kinds of sophisticated electronic gas monitors factory
installed in a "Driver Information Center" but as yet I don't know how it's
done and haven't the time to peruse the service manuals.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html