Re: [NTLK] Inserting tabs in notes w/o keyboard?

From: Calvin (cgrier_at_ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sat Jan 31 2004 - 07:55:13 PST

Tab is one of those special characters that you can't write with a pen - unless you use the built-in wordlist of the Newton to expand a special character into a tab.

If you use Cursive handwriting recognition an abbreviation can work well. Something like "tb" works for me. However, I usually use Print recognition, which means you have all sorts of special caracters you can use. I chose to have the "cedilla" expanded to a tab (it's a C with a tail below it, which only requires two pen strokes). There's actually a number of special characters that are good for this sort of expansion. Newton's Rosetta engine can interpret a paragraph mark, the cents symbol, yen sign, pound sterling, etc.

You can get to the Word list from the on-screen keyboard. Just select the Information button and tell it to open the word list.