Re: [NTLK] Connector J6 Pin Description

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sat Jan 31 2004 - 08:42:46 PST

On 31. Jan 2004, at 02:04, Paul Guyot wrote:
> I talk to my Newton and with its speech recognition module, it gives
> me answers. However, it couldn't tell me what the pinout of the
> connector was, and it seems to be quite in bad mood tonight.

Oh, I see :)

>> I just
>> played around with some sample code and it lets me happily instantiate
>> endpoints on locations "tblt" and "mdem" (channel 2 and 3?) with up to
>> 115.2kbps.
>
> It doesn't mean it will work, unfortunately.

Yes, that's what I'm also suspecting. I've got the module now wired to
channel 3 and it doesn't work. At least it is powered up and I can also
see that the Newton uses the CTS line properly. But since I don't have
an oscilloscope here, I can't check what's going on on the data lines.

> I guess we'll have to dig into the code to make sure that
> tblt indeed is for channel 2.

This is from the DDK headers, so I guess it is just a naming weirdness.

> Are you sure the J6 is after the line driver? I thought the line
> driver was between the J6 and the interconnect port, i.e. that
> everything on the J6 was at CMOS level. This is what my Newton told
> me, actually.

Could very well be... I just looked at my SER-001, and indeed, there is
a second line driver for channel 0. That would be quite good in case
channel 3 is indeed limited to 38.4kbps.

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html