Re: [NTLK] AirPort & Escale OS X Question

From: ccsccs7 (ccsccs7_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jul 04 2004 - 13:17:58 PDT

When you insert the card you should get a box that has an option to "Use
card for AppleTalk." You can tap "Card" to get this box. It's a bit
tricky using AppleTalk. I haven't been able to create a direct
connection to my iBook myself, but through a router. But a problem with
many routers is that they will not pass legacy AppleTalk packets. You
might want to consider TCP/IP which is easier (in my opinion) to get
working.

There's the Dock TCP/IP add on for Escale:
http://www.kallisys.com/newton/dcl/en
or Thomas Tempelmann's Dock add on included with the Newton Data Browser
http://www.tempel.org/newton/index.html#DILplugin

CCS