Re: [NTLK] Mobile Newton Project?

From: Jeff Henry (j3ff_at_comcast.net)
Date: Sun Jul 04 2004 - 13:19:57 PDT

> Did I read a while ago that the US police had newts on their patrol
> bikes before Jobs tried to kill it, the archives might hold the answer
> Chris Edwards

At one of my old jobs they had a office for some of the bike police there.
One day I was in my office which was right across from theirs with my
newton. One of the officers came in and said "I remember those things".
Basically he said that they were trying to use them at one time. So I know
that at one time the Nashville police dept either used or was planning on
using newtons. I tried to get more info from him on them but he did not know
much more about them.
Jeff