Re: [NTLK] Newton HEAP

From: Tony Kan (tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz)
Date: Wed Jul 07 2004 - 04:06:26 PDT

Icons representing various apps in your Extras drawer occupy heap. Some
PIMs and utilities allow you to "freeze" the applications and somehow this
reduces the amount of heap memory occuppied. I don't use the utilities but
Moreinfo allows me to freeze infrequently used applications. Probably
others can chip in on freeware utilities that you can download.

Cheers

Tony Kan
Christchurch
New Zealand

[snip]

What is the best way to keep the Newton HEAP LOW. I am not that smart when
it come to newton heap and would like to know a little more about it and how
to manage it.

Thanks

[snip]