Re: [NTLK] Highest Contrast Screen for 2100?

From: George Bingham (georgeb1962_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 14:01:16 PDT

Hi,

     I do not *really* know what I'm talking about because I've never
seen any of the choices in a real working environment. But I do have a
blue backlight screen Newton. I bought it because I thought it would
be cool and might be easier to see than the green one. However, it's
pen properties don't work. When I turn it on, I get the "Align Pen"
screen, and I can push the little Xs with the pen (although where I
push isn't exactly where the pen marks go), but it doesn't take and I
can never get past that screen. (but I can turn the backlight on and
see it in the dark).

    Anyway, I think the problem with this unit is not the backlight
itself, but probably something went wrong with the digitizer after the
backlight was replaced. But, just being able to see it only through
that one screen makes me realize that Apple knew what they were doing
when they chose to go with Green. The blue just doesn't give as much
contrast during the day, or during night use. Still, I like the blue
light and would enjoy using it at night, but my eyes really need help
with this thing during the day as it is, so when all is said and done,
I'd stick with my ordinary green one.

Just my 2 cents, and YMMV, and I'm not even sure who's blue backlight
got put in this Newton anyway....

George Bingham