Re: [NTLK] Help!!! {Internet Access Problems}

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Fri Jul 16 2004 - 08:48:25 PDT

MKow1234_at_aol.com wrote:
> Should I be listing a different IP Address? Would this be something that
> Earthlink assigned to my account when I initially signed up? I can't remember,
> but it seems like I should be listing my personal IP Address that Earthlink may
> have assigned to my account. I could have accidentally deleted the IP info I
> originally had entered. If I need a different IP Address, how do I go about
> finding out what that address is?

You shouldn't need *any* IP address or gateway address.

> 2. On the next page of the Internet Setup dialogue box, it says, "Wait for:"
> Should I enter "In" as in "Indian" or, should I enter "ln" as in "little
> newton"?

"In" as in "Indian" seems to be what is on their page.

> 3. WHY is the Internet and e-mail setup for the Newton such a pain in the
> ass?

Because NIE was written in 1997. The net now is a lot different from the net
in 97.

There is a feature in NIE that will let you monitor the login process between
your Newton and the remote side. Go to Internet Setup, open your Earthlink
setup, tap on the Login Script, and then select "Display Script Activity".
Then, next time you try to connect there'll be another window visible and you
should be able to see where the login is failing and also exactly what
Earthlink is sending.