[NTLK] Almost there! (Internet access conundrums)

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Tue Jul 20 2004 - 12:29:25 PDT

Hello Everyone,
Well, I have made progress with regard to gaining Internet access, although I
seem to be going about it bass ackwards. I am able to send e-mail, but I
can't seem to get the Internet access to work correctly. I attempt to log on via
the Courier app, and it starts to log me on. However, as soon as it starts
to interpret the web page headers, I get multiple error messages (-48803).
Then, I have to disconnect the phone line manually and (usually) reset the Newton
MP 2100.

I am using the DNS that was recommended on the NewtonTalk bulletin board the
other day (207.217.77.82), with a Xircom Credit Card Modem (33.6). I
attempted to log on and go directly to the www.msn.com website and also the
www.newtontalk.net websites as examples, but I never made it that far.

Any suggestions? Should I switch to a different DNS? Should I try one of my
other old modem cards? It seems to me that since I am able to send e-mail, I
should be able to browse the web as well. What am I missing here? Is the
problem within the Courier program? Is this one of those
right-brain-meets-left-brain occassions?

Oh, and thank you for all of the helpful advice that has enabled me to make
it this far. :O)

Matt K.