Re: [NTLK] Almost there! (Internet access conundrums)

From: Jesse Garnier (radiofreenewton_at_stonehopper.com)
Date: Tue Jul 20 2004 - 12:48:14 PDT

Since it sounds like you're connected successfully, let's try to
eliminate a bad DNS address as the problem.

Try entering this IP address into Courier as the URL:

http://64.233.161.99

Then try this:

http://www.google.com

If the numbered address gets you Google, and the name doesn't, then
there's a problem with your DNS address. If neither respond, then the
problem is likely something else.

Regards--

--Jesse