Re: [NTLK] HexPaint vs. Newtpaint vs. ...?

From: John Charlton (johncharlton_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Jul 25 2004 - 20:51:06 PDT

On Jul 25, 2004, at 10:19 PM, Vaguely Radio wrote:

> I'm a proud owner of Landware's "NewtPaint", but a project a friend of
> mine and I are doing relies heavily on the Newton's abilities as a
> sketchpad. I know of HexPaint - are there any other paint/sketch apps
> for the Newt (besides the limited drawing capabilities of Notes)?

Have you tried Works drawings? It's got support for 16 shades (like
HexPaint) and can also select objects once they're placed. Don't knock
Notes totally though, there's some clever stuff you can do with that. I
also have a package called 'DrawPad' by Saltire software which is more
for technical stuff. Unfortunately there seems to be no way to get
drawings out, particularly to print or fax them. Could be a NOS 2.1
thing.

For fun there's also Animator, little flip-book style animations. Much
fun :-)

jc