Re: [NTLK] Mac.com Question

From: Dirk Hornbeck (dirk_at_retrofantasy.com)
Date: Tue Jul 27 2004 - 14:33:12 PDT

(sorry to continue off-topic)

I've gotten that message in my .mac account as well (some time ago). I informed
Apple and they apologized that some unscroupulous spammers had disturbed their
customers. What I believe has happened is enough .mac email accounts have
circulated on various mailing lists, enough that spammers see a target audience.
ANYONE can purchase a .mac account and send email from a .mac address. This junk
mail is from such persons and not from Apple or their .Mac services.