[NTLK] Interesting Emate/Nicks Battmon message

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Tue Jul 27 2004 - 19:24:34 PDT

Hi all,
Well one of my emates had a dead battery today (forgot and not charged it
for a few weeks) so I pluged it in. It did the usual restart due to total
loss of power and after the full restart/reboot I shut it off and left it to
charge. A few hours later I looked and noticed that the charge indicator
light was still not green so I turned it on and started Nicks Battmon to
find out how much longer till it finished (I thought it should have been
done by now). Well under "charge state" instead of saying "fastcharging" or
"tricklechargecontinous" I get "deeptoast". Now I never saw that before.
Anyone else ever see that in a Battery monitor on a NOS 2.1?

The other stats are:
Batt Volt: 3.86
Battery Capacity: 0
Battery Current <no value>
AC Power: Yes
ACVoltate: 7.40088
ChargeState: deeptoast
chargerate: <no value>
chargecurrent: 7.21939
ambient Temp: 24.5385
battery Temp: 22.7

Now I reset/reboot it again and under "chargeState" I now have
"preliminaryCharge" Which is something else I have never seen before.
And other stats that are different:
batteryVolate: 4.210552
batteryCapacity: 11
chargeCurrent: varing from 8 to 313