Re: [NTLK] Dock mp 2100

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Sat Jul 31 2004 - 12:27:50 PDT

On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 03:00:24AM -0500, nelson wrote:

> there is a way to simulate a actual phone line, have a copy of how to build
> the thing somewhere, it was for connecting two or more old macs.

Not necessary. Modems work just fine on dry pairs. Just string a phone
cord from one modem to the other and have one end dial normally, and the
other force off-hook into answer mode ("ATA", if I remember
correctly...)

The method for actually making a newt do anything other than be the
originating end of the call is left as an exercise to the student.

--
33. I won't require high-ranking female members of my organization to wear
    a stainless-steel bustier. Morale is better with a more casual dress-code.