Re: [NTLK] 2100 bubbles

From: Calvin Grier (cgrier_at_ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 05:55:18 PDT

Jim,

Thanks for mentioning the touchscreens from www.adago.net. The touchscreen
we sell is less prone to Newton's Rings than the apple original due to the
way it is made. However, neither one is "supposed" to show this particular
phenomena which is due to the small air gap between touchscreen layers. This
air-gap is near enough to 1/2 or 1/4 wavelength of visibile light that
various wavelengths get canceled out due to reflections at the glass
boundary.

I think it is a great irony that this is seen on Apple's Newton products.