Re: [NTLK] Apple purchasing large capacity mini hard drives from Toshiba

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 03 2004 - 07:02:40 PDT

Hello Everyone:

I read a story from www.pcworld.com last night, which mentioned that Apple
was negotiating with Toshiba, to purchase a large quantity of their new 60-gig
mini hard drives. In my opinion, the writer of the article was kind of a dim
bulb, speculating that Apple may be planning to roll out a 60-gig iPod in the
near future. It does not take a rocket scientist to see that Apple is
considering expanding its presence in the personal entertainment market.

So, what type of device is this going to be? Sadly, it will probably not be
a PDA device. I'm guessing that our buddy Steve Jobs wants to do the same
thing for video entertainment that Apple has already done with music -- namely
raking in service fees from millions of consumers, in exchange for the privilege
of downloading video content. If Apple is heading into that arena, it's a
safe bet that such content won't be a universal format, at least not for a
while.

Feel free to speculate.

Matt K.