Re: [NTLK] [OT] Apple purchasing large capacity mini hard drives from Toshiba

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Thu Jun 03 2004 - 10:40:42 PDT

On Jun 3, 2004, at 7:02 AM, MKow1234_at_aol.com wrote:
<snip>
> Sadly, it will probably not be
> a PDA device. I'm guessing that our buddy Steve Jobs wants to do the
> same
> thing for video entertainment that Apple has already done with music
> -- namely
> raking in service fees from millions of consumers, in exchange for the
> privilege
> of downloading video content.
<snip>

Steve has already said this is a bad idea, since there is no way to get
a high quality image on super small device. If Apple went into this
business the Mac or PC would be the playback device (think Cinema
display). I think the 60G drives are for a larger iPod.

I am surprised that Apple has not yet made the iPod into a automatic
portable Home directory container... With Panther and fast user
switching, whenever the iPod is plugged in, you could be offered the
login screen, and when you logout it could say "It's safe to remove
iPod now...

This is a no brainer and MUST be right around the corner.

Marty