[NTLK] Still Programming the Newton

From: Jack Burks (dumbstart_at_satx.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jun 03 2004 - 21:37:30 PDT

I have three (hopefully) simple questions for the Newton developers out
there:

1. Is there any way to have a program delete itself programmatically, maybe
it has something to do with safeRemovePackage? I would like to setup my
programs to allow a user to remove all soups, preferences, and packages with
just one click.

2. I'm trying to find information on programming the Newton speech
extensions, how great would it be to have the Newton tell Knock-Knock jokes?
If someone could point me in the right direction for programming the Newton
speech programming then you will hear your Newton tell a knock-knock joke.

3. Any information on how to write to and access the built-in Newton prefs
soup? At this point I'm just saving the prefs to a soup on their own.

Thanks goes out to any help I receive, it's been nice giving something back
to the group.

Jack

www.dumbstart.com <http://www.dumbstart.com/>