[NTLK] printer cable questions...

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 08 2004 - 21:51:40 PDT

Calling all knowledgeable List Members,

Looking for technical info regarding this HP printer cable adapter for MAC/

Was surfing around and came across this web site
- http://www.panix.com/~clay/newton/utilities.shtml

here they list a printer package I'm now looking for.
- GDTPrintDriver.Pkg, package name 'gdtdrvr.pkg'

Desc: 'Print drivers for most major PC and Mac printers available.'

Now it also lists to use the HP Mac Adapter (Part number C3279A), a serial
to parallel cable for $39, with the print drivers.

Does anyone know about this or have this adapter. I'd assume it connects to
a serial printer Mac cable - it's a centronic interface conected directly to
the printer. I'm trying to figure out if this can be hacked (with pin
schematics) as the Print Pack 1.0 or 2.0 is a printer cable with embeded
hardware and pkg for newt as I recall from previous postings...

God bless,

Sonny Hung
the Hung Family

a trip to NY