[NTLK] [OT] People in your imagination

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Wed Jun 09 2004 - 15:20:01 PDT

You know,

with the Paris conference coming soon, I've been thinking
today when driving back from work.
When we meet there, we will finally know how we look like
and, to a certain degree, how we are, behave etc.

Myself, I've always been fascinated by how a picture of
a person forms in your mind if all that you can base it on
is what this person writes. In almost all cases I have been
utterly wrong. There was even one case when a very nice and
helpful person finally sent me a picture of himself and I
had problems not changing my opinion about him because
he looked almost exactly like someone I despised.

So I had this idea. People writing a short summary of
how they imagine me (age, height, weight, hair color,
hobbies, whatever else is included in your mental
picture of myself). I would collect this and after some
time make a web page from it that has my picture at
the bottom.

I wonder if this should be posted to the list. I do think
it should because it might be fun for others to read. Make
sure, though, that the subject starts with [OT], if you
do post to the list.

There are a couple of list members of who I do have a
mental picture. I might ask them if they'd be
willing to have the same done to them and provide a
picture for me to publish...

Just ignore me if you think all this is stupid...

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de