Re: [NTLK] DateMan req reg?

From: gmoody_at_gmx.net
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 12:57:30 PDT

Hi Kevin,

If you were referring to a "Crack", "Hack", or other form of illegal
registration or software piracy, this is indeed frowned upon by the NTLK
community. We have so few active developers, and are so appreciative of
their efforts both during the Newton's product life at Apple and
afterwards, that we support them wholeheartedly with both our registration
fees and our self-policing of the list when such requests are made.

Many. if not all, of the still-active developers are members of this list,
some that lurk rather than actively post. You can imagine what their
attitude might be regarding doing future development if the list tolerated
cracks to their existing software products. Obviously, we would have a
truly dead platform, rather than the thriving community we have now. So,
using the list for requests of this type is *not* appropriate.

If, however, you were *not* referring to software piracy...my most humble
apologies for the mis-understanding.

Regards,

Gary