[NTLK] Closure of Hiroshi Noguchi's Newton Driver site- thanks

From: Edward R Johnson Jr (radar9999_at_aol.com)
Date: Sat Jun 12 2004 - 12:04:08 PDT

On Jun 12, 2004, at 1:45 AM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 22:32:16 -0600
> From: Brian Uhreen <buhreen_at_shaw.ca>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Closure of Hiroshi Noguchi's Newton Driver site-
> thanks
>
> Trial Version 1.06 can still be downloaded here:
>
> http://www.ff.iij4u.or.jp/~ngc/data/wvlan_r1p06.sit
>
> Google's Cache:
>
> http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:DfS4YMXfeoMJ:www.ff.iij4u.or.jp/
> ~ngc/eng/
> newtwave.htm

AND
I'm not sure I understand. Doesn't Hirochi have to provide the
registration
number for its driver? If so, what is the problem? Was this "Gilgamesh"
also
providing registration number?

-Laurent.

The point is that in order to get the higher order functions you must
have the authorization or unlock code you get when you purchase it at
KAGI. Gilgamesh was profiting by charging a price to receive an item
you could download for free. Even though his sales page stated that the
registration code must be paid, his marketing of the drivers is in
clear violation of what HN required , in effect, that the software MUST
NOT be posted in a public place. Up to now it seems that our community
has honored that request without NOTICEABLE exceptions. However Posting
to eBay probably cannot be ignored.

Some detective work may be in order here. Gilgamesh has resigned from
eBay and cannot be contacted that way. I do not know if the wavelan
driver auctions are still going, there were about 5 or 6 of them on the
9th but they may already have been pulled. I'm too lazy to go look.
However it may be possible to search the newtontalk archive for
gilgamesh' email address. If he signed up or posted here before he may
still be findable.

Also someone may have to test and find out if registration codes can
still be obtained from KAGI for those of us that downloaded awhile back
but have not installed yet.

Sick'em dogs,

Show me what ya got!

Ed Johnson

It is better to have and not need, than to need and not have. Be
Prepared!