Re: [NTLK] interchangeable charging stations

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 15:56:06 PDT

> I recently r/c'ed a few Mp's and accessories.
> Now, the charging station I was sent is for an Mp110,
> but a Mp120 was sent with it.
> Can the same charging station be used?

Yes. It is exactly the same model for MP110...MP130.

> I would think so, but I noticed that, even though
> the Newton reads the batteries as being full, the
> charger stays on yellow and I'm afraid of blowing
> the batteries up or such.

The 110, 120 and 130 only measure the battery voltage,
not the real discharge or charge current. The voltage
reaches the 100% value after a couple of minutes normally,
but the batteries are far from charged at that time.
So this is perfectly normal. Let it charge for half a day
or so and check occasionally that the batteries won't get
too hot. The LED should turn green eventually if the
battery is ok.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de