Re: [NTLK] newtVNC very crashprone?

From: Steve Weyer (saweyer_at_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Jun 15 2004 - 02:27:06 PDT

On Jun 15, 2004, at 1:26 AM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> From: Ray Zschau <loco_1_at_mac.com>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] newtVNC very crashprone?
> Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 15:49:55 -0500
>
> I just started playing around with newtVNC and everything seems to work
> great (no dropped connections or crashing),

I suspect that "mileage may vary" for different servers, network
setups, vnc configurations, etc.

> but for some reason I can't
> get the overview screen to work. The screen size is 1280 x 1024. Of
> course I can only see a portion of the screen at a time, as should be
> the case in regular use. Anything I should do to get the overview to
> work?

if you've turned on the Create Overview preference, then tapping the
regular overview button should display the scaled down image of entire
remote screen. note that this will have gaps/old info depending on
whether/when you've scrolled to those other areas of screen.

> Or is there a plan in the works to use some sort of a scaled
> down screen as the main interface? I'm sure it would be a little
> slower, but imho would much more useful - which in turn would save
> time. Of course any tips (in a newtVNC tips thread) would be helpful.
>
> Off to the archives.

  maybe a Zoom view setting that allowed a different scale than 100%
might happen in the future. depending on how much more info needs to
be updated (and compression settings), yes I'd think a lot slower (and
less legible).

Steve
weyer_at_kagi.com
http://www.kagi.com/weyer/