[NTLK] newtVNC very crashprone?

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Sun Jun 13 2004 - 13:04:42 PDT

Hello List,

with the idea of using iTunes from the Newt in mind I followed list advice and installed "Share My Desktop" and newtVNC. After some frustration I noticed that setting "Share Desktop" to YES is a good thing, and now it works. Cool!
It is very crashprone though and takes the Newton with it. It also drops the connection constantly. I think this has something to do with the memory available to the Newton? Can the stability be improved by certain settings? It seemed rather irrelevant how much of the OSX desktop was being displayed, sometimes just clicking something would cause the connection to be dropped.

Any hints?

Oliver :)

--
"The possibilities are endless. I love that."  - Jonathan Ive