Re: [NTLK] newtVNC very crashprone?

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 09:16:14 PDT

Quoting Oliver Brose <oliver.brose_at_t-online.de>:

[snip]
> It is very crashprone though and takes the Newton with it. It also drops the
> connection constantly.
[snip]

I only tried it a couple of times, for a total of maybe an hour of tapping
around, but I had no crashes or dropped connections.

I don't have enough expertise to give you any troubleshooting suggesitons, but
maybe it will help you to know that it is possible for it to work fine, so you
might want to keep trying.

My setup was a Newt MP2100 with an HP wireless card and Hiroshi's driver, an
SMC wireless router, with the VNC server running on a beige G3 running Mac OS
10.2.6.

(BTW and possibly OT: if you have a beige G3, *do not* update to OS 10.2.8!
Stay at 10.2.6.)

Michael