Re: [NTLK] newtVNC very crashprone?

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 09:44:19 PDT

>From: Steve Weyer <saweyer_at_comcast.net>
>Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 05:01:09 -0400

>"heap" memory is used for general program functioning, including
>communications.
>"default store" is used to store temporary bitmap for current screen
>(and possible overview).

So setting overview to "off" would save memory. It is very strange that 16 grays seems to work better than 4 grays or b&w, and fullscreen better than the smaller resolutions.

>if either of these is low, I'd expect newtVNC to have problems. you can
>maximize heap by closing other apps. you can maximize space on defautl
>store by (re)moving apps & books [or choosing a different defautl store
>that has more space available).

Hm, it is stored on a card (which is set to default store in the Newton's card slip) which has about 9MB of space left, maybe that card is too slow...? Quitting Extras helped a bit as well, but it will still randomly disconnect, especially if I try to scroll or set the refresh to anything lower than 5 seconds.

Oliver :)

--
"The possibilities are endless. I love that."  - Jonathan Ive