Re: [NTLK] After-market power adapter / Aftermarket voodoo

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 00:10:58 PDT

You are fully right and as long as the engine is running I do not see the
slightest problem.
But if it comes to a point where you do not run the engine so often (e.g.
camping) you want to save battery power.
Inverting 12V dc into 120V ac (or even 220V ac here in Europe)and then
converting it down to 7.5V dc or 19V dc (for the LT) is pretty much energy
wasting.
You loose power on both ways: inverting up and converting down.
So the overall efficiency is not really what you would like to have.

From what I have seen there are plenty of cigarette lighter
adapters/chargers on the market.
It is just a matter of finding the proper adapter ;-)

Cheers
Johannes