[NTLK] Gripples for new iBook power adapters and newton 9W adapter..

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 06:25:46 PDT

Hi,

   The other day, I just got a new power adapter for my iBook (the cord
on the old one broke), which has been redesigned to make the cord more
stress-resistant. One modification was making the cord a tad bit
thicker, and I noticed that the now-slightly-larger cord clasp (similar
to a standard rigging gripple with one edge open - I thought they
*were* called gripples, but apparently not) are *exactly* the the right
size for the Newton 9W adapter cord.

   Any idea where I'd send an email to Apple asking where I could get
the gripples for their new iBook power adapter and not get laughed off
(Steve Jobs) stage (or would it be forgiven my the Reality Distortion
Field)? Some person in the engineering department?

Thanks,
Jim