Re: [NTLK] MoreInfo plus Newton programming books

From: Rod (lavo_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Jun 19 2004 - 23:18:13 PDT

On 20/6/04 1:37 PM, "Dan" <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com> wrote:

>> I wish I could say the same. I sent them two emails a couple of months ago
>> (even asked the group about this) and never received a single reply. I was
>> willing to buy the software, but he either didn't receive both emails or
>> just never replied. Anyway, I found another solution so I did not need to
>> follow up. Its shame, as I really liked the software!
>
> Rod, with the way spamers are flooding the email system, many good emails
> are getting thrown out by accident. Some companies are even giving up email
> support and instead setting up a bulletin board on their site that requires
> registering (usually free) to post (this eliminates the email spam problem).
>
> I would sooner suspect that your email hit a blacklist at the time you sent
> it. Or perhaps he was on vacation at the time (but he should have got back
> to you by now). Odd to be sure. Perhaps try "interested in your Moreinfo
> software" in the subject line? Of course this suggestion is moot since you
> have already found a alternate solution.
>
> -Dan

I had almost that in the subject line. Not to worry, but it was just a bit
of a downer, considering there are not many Newton developers left.

On a side note, I have bought two books from ebay titled 'Programming for
the Newton' and 'Wireless for the Newton', which go step by step in
programming for the Newton. Seem like great books (published in 1996) and
the first one has a CD with quicktime movies explaining how to program with
NTK. Maybe once I get good enough there will be another developer to add to
the list!

Seeya

Rod!