Re: [NTLK] Webpages to Text?

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sun Jun 20 2004 - 16:57:52 PDT

> What I am talking about is done on your computer. With Isilo and
>IsiloX for example, IsiloX resides on your computer and pulls webpages
>into Isilo files that are viewable on a Palm or Pocket PC. Much like
>Avantgo except it is done on your computer.
>
>Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are talking about surfing the web with
>the newton and saving the files.

Ahh ok yes I did misunderstand you. There is not anything directly that
will do that into Newton Books (other than what I mentioned previously).
But you can do it as a two step process if you want to use your desktop.
You first visit the website with your desktop and save it as plain text from
the file menu in your web browser (generally, browsers and desktops may
differ) for each page. Then with Newton Press add each text file (select
add under the file menu in Press) with the preferences set to add a new
entry in the table of contents with each new file. Then save, package, and
install on your Newt.

While I prefer Bookmaker for most things, in this case Press is faster. I
do this myself all the time and it is very quick after you do it once. If
you have trouble just let me know.

-Dan