Re: [NTLK] Hypothetical ATA Question

From: Matthew Atkinson (matkinsonmp2k_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jun 20 2004 - 17:41:17 PDT

Woah! WAY over my head... :^) I'm not the sharpest
tool in the shed...
Ok, so as I understand thus far, there's nothing
PHYSICALLY that won't allow this - it's just a matter
of getting the 'trons to flow correctly. Not that
that's easy, but it's a start.
I'd love to be able to hook into my existing USB
printer instead of finding an 8-pin serial one (which
I did, but it's the PRINCIPLE, man!). Or be able to
partition my 60GB external drive and store some Newt
packages so I can access them instead of having to go
through my iBook and NCU. Or use the Newt to play
tunes directly off an iPod via FW. Crazy? Maybe, but
I think it's cooler than hell that we've got Bluetooth
and ATA support (thanks Eckhart and Paul!), even
though I'll probably never use them.
I think it'd give our "dying" platform some more legs,
thereby exponentially increasing Newtonlust.

Matthew