Re: [NTLK] Frozen Newton Project Rebirth?! :)

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 24 2004 - 16:25:04 PDT

Paul Zenk wrote:
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:51:14 -0500

<snip>
>I have also tried to remove the metal from the plastic on these
>because I wanted to try casting some new parts. These ejector buttons
>seem to always fail where the external cap meets the solid
>plastic/metal clip. I tried to heat the metal clip with a soldering
>iron, but it did not melt enough of the plastic to loosen the metal
>ejection pin from the plastic cap.
<Snip>

Paul,

I just tried remove both metal pins that are attached to the (EB) Ejector
Buttons.
I had success with the lower (EB; the one with the flatter top)
With you will see (EB) in your hands.
Pin portion in your left hand the [EB] in your right hand.
Looking down on this the flat portion of the Pin and the flat side of the
[EB] can be laid down on a table and stand unsupported.
Now holding the [EB] as described (still looking down) you wiggle the Pin
toward you and away from you. You should see some movement and with enough
it should loosen enough to pull the Pin out.

Now the upper (EB; the one with the slanted top) is anowther story for me.
What I noticed is that the flat metal Pin portion inserted into the [EB]
causes on mine two slight circular bulges - one on each side of the [EB]
which is why mine will not loosen easily. The (EB; lower) did not have these
present...

I think if you decide to disassemble them and they exhibit these bulges you
may need to heat the [EB] in hot water and using a plier holding the Pin -
pull the [EB] firmly and see if you are able to remove it.

HTH you! :)

I have already disassembled the entire MP2x00 for shipment to the company I
have inquired about doing the case - they too think it will be cheapest
doing a mold from an original. Only one problem for me is that my Front
Bezel was damaged when I tried to remove the finish coat on it with paint
remover. In any case I need to provide the best complete undamaged case I
can for them to do a mold and since I am only able to provide them a MP2000
the mold will be of a MP2000 not a MP2100. Unless someone wants to provide a
MP2100 Bezel? I personally don't have a problem but would like to have both
really.

Something happened today (personal) that may slow the process but since I
haven't gotten more than one person interested at this time it's shouldn't
be a problem... I will try to only update here with Major Updates, and if
you're interested drop me a note and I'll update you directly.

God bless! :)

Sonny Hung
the Hung Family