Re: [NTLK] Phone numbers

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Mon Jun 28 2004 - 14:26:17 PDT

Aux environs du 28/06/04 à 17:14 -0400, sous le titre "Re: [NTLK]
Phone numbers", David Abramowitz prit sa plus belle plume pour écrire
les mots suivants:
>On Jun 28, 2004, at 5:03 PM, Paul Guyot wrote:
>> What do you have in your Newton address book for your contacts in
>> Israel? That's the question I ask. Could there be any number starting
>> with a 0? If so, should the 0 be dialed after 972 (the country code
>> for Israel)?
>
>Ah sorry about that. In the Newt I have 011 as the area code, then the
>rest as the number.

You shouldn't.
You only need to have 2 as the area code (or whatever, 2 is for
Jerusalem, I think area codes in Israel are one digit) and the 7
other digits as the number.

This will work wherever you are in the world. If you tell the Newton
where you are (with the Worksite), it will automatically add 011 971
if you're in the US, 00 971 if you are in countries where 00 is for
international calls, nothing if you are in Israel, and it will even
drop the 2 if you're in Jerusalem and one doesn't dial the area code
there (I don't know about this, maybe you do).

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/