Re: [NTLK] Phone numbers

From: Rhonda Hyslop (0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net)
Date: Tue Jun 29 2004 - 11:05:35 PDT

* Paul Guyot <pguyot_at_kallisys.net> [28 Jun 2004 14:28]:
> This will work wherever you are in the world. If you tell the Newton
> where you are (with the Worksite), it will automatically add 011 971
> if you're in the US, 00 971 if you are in countries where 00 is for
> international calls, nothing if you are in Israel, and it will even
> drop the 2 if you're in Jerusalem and one doesn't dial the area code
> there (I don't know about this, maybe you do).

A very handy feature, but is there a way to tell the newton that an area
code has changed, or the area code *is* needed for local dialling? A
couple of years ago Vancouver changed from 7-digit numbers (no area
code) to 10-digit numbers (area code is part of the number) but my
Newton doesn't know this and I don't know how to tell it. (A second
area code was also added to the Vancouver area, another thing I don't
know how to tell my Newton about...)

-Rhonda

--
 www.write-on.indy || www.write-on.org   \/  http://history.ubcengineers.ca/
  Discuss the art and craft of writing   /\   UBC Engineers History Project