Re: [NTLK] AW: Frozen Newton Project Rebirth

From: kareljansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Mon Jun 28 2004 - 16:03:19 PDT

Op maandag 28 juni 2004 17:55, schreef Isaac:

> P.S.: I´m writing this on a tablet PEECEE (sorry) because I have to wait
> until the wireless AP with two (!!!) DWL-650 (w/o + !!!) is lower priced.
> It was at 120 CHF (about 100USD, ouch...) HWR on the Tablet is horrrrible!

I've just finished upgrading a Fujitsu Stylistic 3400 to Windows 2000. By
necessity, I had to install PhatWare's PenOffice on it (CIC for some arcane
reason not wanting to have anything to do with W2K) and although it is not
the Newton by far, the ParaGraph HWR technology in it is sufficiently
familiar to be at least functional.

At USD 70, it is also bloody expensive, but I've got a 30 day trial run, and
I'm going to use that time to co-install Debian and XStroke and see how that
fares.

Karel Jansens