[NTLK] AW: AW: Frozen Newton Project Rebirth

From: Marco Mailand (isaac_at_tele2.ch)
Date: Wed Jun 30 2004 - 08:23:02 PDT

> I've just finished upgrading a Fujitsu Stylistic 3400 to
> Windows 2000. By
> necessity, I had to install PhatWare's PenOffice on it (CIC
> for some arcane
> reason not wanting to have anything to do with W2K) and
> although it is not
> the Newton by far, the ParaGraph HWR technology in it is sufficiently
> familiar to be at least functional.
I run the CIC software under W2k but it took me about 3 months to get the
right company to provide it. Fujitsu-Siemens are completely help- and
useless and dealing with them is complete waste of time. I finally found a
small 2 person company which is selling Tablet PEECEEŽs to companies in CH.
Since I bought my LT-P600 including a valid W2k license w/ sticker (!) it
was no problem to copy an entire fresh HD to my device and thus I got
everything as one piece. Finally I burned the image onto a DVD and could
provide it to whoever needs it.

> I'm going to use that time to co-install Debian and XStroke
> and see how that fares.
I heard no good things about HWR under LINUX but maybe IŽll try it too.
Meanwhile I got a boot floppy drive as well as another harddisc and thus
enough toys for the playground :-)

Marco