Re: [NTLK] LCD Screens

From: Calvin Grier (cgrier_at_ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 17:43:13 PST

Wow Jeff, that's a real scoop! I sure does look like the real-deal.

Considering the relative rarity of Newton components on the market (it's
amazing how much Apple must have spent desinging things from connectors, to
LCDs, to touchscreens...) this is quite a find. All of these "custom"
designs are typically unavailable until Apple releases them or some
stipulation in the contract expires.

Do you have any idea where they came from? Was it Apple or Sharp unloading
inventory?