Re: [NTLK] LCD Screens

From: Jeff Sheldon (jeff_at_jurai.net)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 20:26:35 PST

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 08:43:13PM -0500, Calvin Grier wrote:
> Wow Jeff, that's a real scoop! I sure does look like the real-deal.

Woop!

> Do you have any idea where they came from? Was it Apple or Sharp unloading
> inventory?

I haven't actually spoken to the sales rep yet in person. Looks like they
have 1,390 in stock though, so no shortage any time soon.

Backlights should be easy enough to come by, but the resistive
touchscreens and glass plating aren't. I'm trying to find a some complete
replacement options or a way to use newer, smaller screens with the
existing hardware as part of a side project. Should know something by
WWNC'04. ;)

-Jeff